Re: [LAU] denoising audio files

From: Georg Holzmann <grh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 21 2012 - 13:11:10 EEST

Hallo!

> Does anyone have a recommendation for de-noising software on linux? I'd
> like to remove distant traffic noise from 96kHz/24bit recordings of
> voice. Is this something better handled on Windows/wine?

It always depends on the noise:
if your traffic noise is quite constant, then it's easier to remove.
If it changes all the time, it will be difficult ...

Tools on linux are audacity or gnome wave cleaner
(http://gwc.sourceforge.net/) - or you can also try our new noise
reduction algorithms with auphonic:
http://auphonic.com/blog/2012/05/11/experimental-noise-reduction-and-algorithm-chooser/

LG
Georg

> Thanks,
>
> Iain

auphonic - automatic audio post production
http://auphonic.com
audio development, machine learning, open source and more