[LAU] Ardour: delay in audio when recording

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 21 2012 - 15:36:12 EEST

Hello,

  I have some synth tracks recorded. Now I want to record some
acoustic bass. So I set Ardour's option to monitor using Ardour and I
put on headphones so the mic will only pick up the acoustic bass.
Problem is, there is a slight annoying delay between the sound I hear
from the bass itself and the sound relayed in the headphones. Machine
is x86_64 and system is Fedora 15. Kernel is from Fedora.

  Maybe monitoring using hardware (the first option) might give better,
delay-free results. How can this be set up when the system has an
M-Audio 1010LT card and a pair of M-Audio speakers connected as system
1 and 2 outputs ?

  Any suggestions/hints about how to monitor acoustic instruments would
be very much appreciated. For the time being I play the recorded
tracks through the speakers at very low volume while recording the
acoustic bass but the speaker sounds leaks into the mic - not so good
at all, but gets things done.

Cheers.