Re: [LAU] Ardour: delay in audio when recording

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 22 2012 - 01:08:35 EEST

On Mon, 21 May 2012 06:46:52 -0700,
"Len Ovens" <len@email-addr-hidden> wrote :

> Yes hardware is best. Using envy24control or mudita24, go to the
> patchbay tab and select "Digital Mix L" and "Digital Mix R" as your
> output to 1and 2 outputs. Then on the first tab "Monitor Inputs"
> unmute the track(s) you are using for mic in and set the levels where
> you want. Then goto the next tab "Monitor PCMs" and set the levels of
> the audio coming from the Ardour tracks you already have. That will
> setup your monitor mix. The ardour inputs will see the levels set by
> the analog volume controls

Thanks, this seems quite useful. 'Seems' because there's no
envy24control nor mudita24 on the system and, doing a 'yum list' does
not return any package with 'envy' or 'mudi'. The repo directoy
in /etc/yum.repos.d/ has livna, fedora and ccrma.

The system has alsamixer and it was possible to assign HW and HW/1 to
In0 and In1, but that's about it so far. I'd rather try with
envy24control. Is the package containing this utility bears the same
name ? Would you recommend envy24 or mudita24 - any significant
difference between the two ?

Thanks again, cheers.