Re: [LAU] denoising audio files

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 22 2012 - 11:36:20 EEST

On 05/21/2012 05:03 PM, Ricardus Vincente wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 21:48 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:04:13AM -0400, Ricardus Vincente wrote:
>>
>>> The lack of quality noise-reduction software for linux has been on my
>>> mind quite a bit lately. I thought it might be a cool idea to create a
>>> Kickstarter project to fund the development for this. Mike from
>>> linuxDSP or Fons would be the best choices (I think) to write the plugs.
>>
>> :-) Very flattering, but don't expect a single-click solution for
>> something as volatile as removing unwanted noises from a recording.
>
> BTW, two clicks would be fine. ;-)
>
> Rich...

Audacity has a noise removal feature that lets you select a few seconds
of what you consider noise, and identify that to the program as noise. A
good spot for me is areas in a recording that are supposed to be silent
but generally aren't if you're recording mic input live. Then you select
the whole track and run the noise removal on it. Works well enough for me.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden