Re: [LAU] Glitch when encoding a wav file to mp3 with lame

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 22 2012 - 23:55:37 EEST

On 22 May 2012 at 9:46, david <gnome@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 05/22/2012 04:33 AM, Andrea Del Signore wrote:
> > I've a little problem encoding an improvvisation I recorded
> > in ardour2 with lame.
> >
> > After exporting sucessfully the two tracks, I run this
> > command:
> >
> > lame --preset standard mixdown.wav
> >
> > The generated mp3 file is mostly ok, but there are
> > some glitches as you can ear at 1'37" (mp3 link:
> > http://persbaglio.it/downloads/improvvisando/risveglio.mp3 )
> >
> > I've done this process twice, with the same results and I'm
> > almost sure that there isn't any glitch in the mixdown wave
> > file (I can't be really sure just because I don't have the
> > original here at hand).

I would check that WAV file. See my comment below.

> > Any idea on what could be the cause?
>
> Hmmm, try a different MP3 encoder?

I wasn't paying any attention to this thread until now.
Yesterday and the day before I exported WAV files from ardour
2.8.11 and I noticed that a laugh that's balanced L/R at 6
seconds into the one track is also pulled forward to 2 seconds
into the track and panned nearly all the way left, but slides
toward center as it fades out. The WAV file was exported via
"Export range markers to multiple audio files...". The problem
exists in exports from each of the two days. Only 2-3 of the
21 exported files have any trouble.

"Export session to audiofile..." doesn't exhibit the problem.

Cheerio....