[LAU] rtirq: low priority limit

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 23 2012 - 22:42:38 EEST

Hi Rui (and all),

I'm attaching two small patches that adds a lower priority limit to the
rtirq script (with a matching configuration variable). This is useful to
have if you have a limited range of available priority "steps" because,
for example, a distribution restricts the maximum priority a user is
allowed to have. With this change you can make sure that the priority of
all irq processes is higher than the priority of (say) the jackd
process, no matter how many processes you have. Reasonable defaults are
chosen if the variable is not configured.

Do you think you could add this to your package?
Thanks,
-- Fernando

PS: how about incorporating my previous "additions" as well in rtirq?
(ie: irq priority change through udev when a soundcard is inserted and
remembering priorities between sleep and resume).