Re: [LAU] Ardour: delay in audio when recording

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 02 2012 - 22:42:44 EEST

On Sat, 2 Jun 2012 14:03:32 -0400,
jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden> wrote :

> envy24 patchbay digital mix for both
>
> envy24 monitor inputs 7+8 are hardware synth inputs, signal is shown,
> audio is heard.
>
> envy24 monitor PCMs are all very quiet, nothing.
>
> Ardour's track gets capture 7 and 8. LADSPA echo is added pre or
> post. Signal is shown in Ardour. No audio heard. After recording, at
> playback, audio is heard, shown on envy24 monitor PCM 1 and 2.
>
> How can the signal with the echo added be heard w/o recording ?

I have added an insert post-fader on that Ardour track, then edited
that fader to specify output playback 3 and 4. Now it is possible to
hear the LADSPA delay on that track when playing the hardware synth
but, only in record mode, shown in envy24 as monitor PCM 3 and 4.
A bit annoying since all practice and delay adjustments has to
be done while Ardour is actively recording. Is it possible at all to
monitor via hardware any effect that's assigned on a track w/o actively
recording ? Card is M-Audio 1010LT. Using envy24 control. Thanks
again for any hints.