[LAU] Ardour: the orange mobile squares in monitor track

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 05 2012 - 03:08:09 EEST

Thanks to everyone who shared tips on how to use Ardour. I see that up
to now I haven't used much of it really and the recent tips on hardware
monitoring are great and I'm still experimenting.

At the beginning of a new session I've added a hardware monitor track
with 4 outputs PCMs 1 to 4. I'm still not doing much with it at the
moment and noticed that in the mixer window there's a fader for it
along with a space at the bottom containing 4 green dots numbered 0 to
3. When dragging them in the square space the mix would slightly move
sideways. That seems useful. But what about the orange squares
located at each corner of the space ? They also can be moved but seem
to change nothing - what is their purpose ?

Cheers.