Re: [LAU] can't open ardour2 projects created on jack1 with jack2

From: David Adler <david.jo.adler@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 11 2012 - 00:34:10 EEST

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> On 2012-06-09 07:22, David Adler wrote:
>
>> Maybe recompile jack2 with -O0 (instead of -O2, the default from
>> /etc/makepkg.conf).
>

> Since building from aur is not possible, how about building from source.
> Should I just leave jack2 installed from pacman, and install it alongside
> from source? Removing it with pacman will probably tear the system apart:
>
> atte@blokhus:~/software$ sudo pacman -R jack2
> checking dependencies...
> error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
> :: a2jmidid: requires jack
> :: aubio: requires jack
> :: blender: requires jack
> :: din: requires jack
> :: dssi: requires jack
> :: dssi-vst: requires jack
> :: fluidsynth: requires jack
> :: gstreamer0.10-good-plugins: requires jack
> :: lash: requires jack
> :: lv2-ll-plugins: requires jack
> :: mhwaveedit: requires jack
> :: mplayer: requires jack
> :: neil: requires jack
> :: portaudio: requires jack
> :: qjackctl: requires jack
> :: rtaudio: requires jack
> :: slv2: requires jack
> :: sooperlooper: requires jack
> :: traverso: requires jack
> :: xjadeo: requires jack
> :: yoshimi: requires jack
> :: zita-at1: requires jack

I confirm Fons' observation regarding jack2 from AUR (git version), it gives
the same error.
However, compiling jack2 using the package sources from [community]
works. You can retrieve them either via the abs command[1] or manually[2].
Using those package sources together with the -O0 flag got me rid of jack's
undesired behaviour, It's just my guess that your issue might be related.

Don't install anything from source, unless by the usual makepkg/packman tools.
As long as you use provides=(jack`) and conflicts=('jack') in the PKGBUILD,
the locally built package will just replace the precompiled one, nothing needs
to be removed.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Build_System#Download_ABS_tree
[2] https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk?h=packages/jack2

best,