Re: [LAU] how much is contained in the .ardour file

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 12 2012 - 15:05:13 EEST

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:20:01 +0200
Atte André Jensen <atte@email.dk> wrote:
> When working with ardour projects, I'd like to backup the project, in
> case I'd like to go back a step in the mixing process. There won't be
> added new audio files to the projects from now on. Will it make sense to
> store old copies of the .ardour files? Are all information regarding
> mixer levels, plugins and cuts in the audio files contained in the
> .ardour file?

Yes, the .ardour file stores all the information about the session,
and it does make sense to keep older versions, but for easy session
and backup management, it makes sense to take snapshots along the
way and use those if/when you want to go back to an earlier point.

Taking a snapshot creates an .ardour file with the snapshot name
rather than the session name, allowing you to go back to that mix.