Re: [LAU] a new song

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 12 2012 - 16:32:08 EEST

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 08:48:38AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> very interesting to go back and forth between these two. jason's one has a
> much more natural vocal treatment, but yours has a kind of sparkle that is
> nice to listen to. i found the vocal onset pretty startling in your mix,
> but then the tone grows on my ears.

That's a bit strange. I only used a compressor on the vocal, there's no EQ
at all in the entire session (it was done rather in a hurry). When comparing
the two versions, Jason's vocal sounds very EQ'd to me- a bit too much for
my taste.
The bass was compressed as well. The reverb is zita-rev1, and I also used
zita-dpl1 post-fader in the master, set for a moderate amount of limiting,
never more than 4dB or so.

Ciao,

--
FA