Re: [LAU] how much is contained in the .ardour file

From: Simon Wise <simonzwise@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 13 2012 - 13:21:33 EEST

On 13/06/12 16:33, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On 06/13/2012 09:56 AM, Simon Wise wrote:
>
>> define "a fader move" ... how far do you go back ... especially if you
>> are moving the faders via midi, more than one at the same time (actually
>> those moves would be interlaced I guess), and perhaps with a bit of
>> noise from the interface, and possibly other controls being operated
>> while the faders are moving??
>
> Good point, but none of that applies if you tweak one fader at a time via mouse.
> One step is either a before/after a drag, or a single mouse wheel event (or
> cursor key).

But how sensible or practical is it to have an undo when there is only a single
mouse action, but not when there are multiple actions happening? what about
keyboard shortcuts, these can also lead to overlaps between mouse drags and
other undo-able actions. What is put on the undo queue in this case? These are
not impossible issues to resolve, but are still tricky.

Simon