Re: [LAU] First single made with linux audio

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 16 2012 - 01:17:47 EEST

Hi, Mn0,

> -get rid of default jamin settings in master insert, maybe bypass the
Just curious, why use jamin over regular plugins?

> sum compression as originally intended.
> -see if i get more snare out of it
> -get some space for vocals in the center
> -raise the vocal level
> -raise high frequencies
Consider taming your mids as Bret suggested first.

Technical considerations aside, I find it pays to have a vision for your
mix before ever adjusting a level or pan. Otherwise, it can be easy to
become hung up on small technical matters and yet have little to show
for it at mixdown.

Cheers,
S.M.