Re: [LAU] Guitarix Interface accessibility again

From: hermann <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Wed Jun 20 2012 - 06:59:46 EEST

Am Dienstag, den 19.06.2012, 13:41 -0400 schrieb S. Massy:
> Hello,
>
> I hadn't loaded Guitarix since a few versions back. Now it appears the
> presets functions have been moved to the main interface, so it's no
> longer possible to save/load them from the menu system. Also, I no
> longer seem to be able to find the standard controls such as pre/post
> gains, drive, clean/dist, etc. Is there a chance preset functions could
> be made accessible again and ATK tags generally revisited? Guitarix is a
> great piece of software and, aside from firefox, one of the few reasons
> I ever fire up the GUI and Orca.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> S.M.

Hi

I'm sorry, but indeed a lot have changed in the guitarix internals and
interface structure. The new interface is switched to use drag n' drop
for nearly any operation, I have no Idea how that could be made
accessible again.
But engine and GUI be completely independent, the engine could run
headless also, so it is possible to develop a alternate (cli, . . )
interface. Only I cant promise that that will happen in the near feature
without new/more developers involved in the project.

greets
hermann