Re: [LAU] Random house on Linux

From: Tom Szilagyi <tomszilagyi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 22 2012 - 00:16:59 EEST

On 14 May 2012 08:39, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hey guys and gals!
>
> Want to share an experiment I did, sort of a proof of concept of how one can
> do random house (or whatever) music with a gap-less audio player.
>
> The post and the example ogg file here:
> http://www.louigiverona.ru/?page=projects&s=writings&t=linux&a=linux_randomhouse

Now that's a piece of really cool creative abuse of gapless playback I
never had in mind when designing the core of Aqualung! (-: The set of
tracks you used here may even double as a testbench for gapless audio
players (possibly even multiple sets, transcoded to different audio
formats so the gapless-ness of different decoders can be verified). I
do think this idea might be worth pursuing, unfortunately I don't have
time to do it, so I'm just throwing this idea in... Anyway, cool
concept.

Thanks,
Tom