Re: [LAU] tiny and short chamber piece

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 23 2012 - 15:16:03 EEST

Hello Ben!
   Well I wouldn't classify it as "bruit". It is a little weird, maybe
misleading is a more precise term. But I like it. The only pitty being, that
it is so short. I was expecting the next big change, when the end suddenly
grinned at me, leaving an evilly sniggering vacuum behind.
   It might have been nicer, if the bass had been played on the pizzicato
strings instead of the plucked bass, but it doesn't actually sound that bad.
When you were talking aout the soundfont I expected something really bad. I
adored the bassoon, but perhaps I adore bassoon just in general. But the oboe
as well was quite lovely, if not as detailed as a 100GB multisampled and
phrased overkill virtual instrument. Somehow fitting snugly into the small
piece itself.
   I hope, we will get to hear some more weird or not so weird music from you
in the future. Always good to hear from hitherto unknown composers.
   Best wishes
             Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

====== Find my music at ======