Re: [LAU] Can't get Layla24 digital inputs working with jack

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Jul 02 2012 - 18:06:49 EEST

> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at
> alice-dsl.net>wrote:
>
> > IIUC there never ever will be perfect sync between cards using
> > different AD/DA converters.
>

> not correct. sync just requires a shared sample clock. any two devices
> with word clock connectors and a cable between them can do this.

Apologize to the OP. So using ADAT + a wc sync, as the OP does, is a
benefit?!
If so, I should get a RME Word Clock Module (WCM). That won't make the
ADA 8000 a better device, but at least phases between the RME and the
Behringer (or some better ADAT devices) would be clean.

Just for the record. SPDIF and ADAT can sync two or more e q u a l
sound devices?

Regards,
Ralf