Re: [LAU] Chord finder

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Jul 03 2012 - 03:51:46 EEST

On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 17:34 -0700, Bob van der Poel wrote:
> Yes, I did google ... and did come up with some online programs. So,
> it it works online it should work much faster (considering my very
> slow connection to the world) if it were on my machine.

I understand, but can't help. I don't have any interest to know what
chords I'm playing. IIRC Cubase did auto detect chordnames ... I'm a
Qtractor user, didn't care about such an option, however, a Sequencer
like Qtractor or Rosegarden might provide this feature. So my
recommendation, test one Linux sequencer after the other. I suspect that
Rosegarden or Qtractor might provide this, there are still tons of Linux
sequencers, I suspect that at least one will detect chords. I never
heard about a command line tool "translating" notes to chords.

Isn't http://lilypond.org/ capable to do this?