Re: [LAU] [AvantPorn Mekanik Metal made with Linux] SEBKHA-CHOTT - The NeXXXt Epilog - 22/09 - Teaser, mp3 and more

From: Dan MacDonald <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 05 2012 - 18:39:28 EEST

Hi again Aurelien!

> it's a coincidence. Actually Sebkha-Chott did exist before SC3 was known
> of the public (Sebkha-Chott began in 1999).

Maybe Sebkha-Chott (where did that name come from?) didn't know about SC3
in 1999 but SC3 had already existed for at least 3 years then as their
first album was released in '96 and apparently vinyl copies of Disco
Volante included a free SC3 single - so there! :)

> There is Hitmuri and the Hobart Phase, too.
> Actually, I really love this sampler, really lightweight, and so on, and
> I know Florent (Hitmuri) quite well, so it's an advantage when you need
> some modifications!
> I tried several other things more as a knowledge base than for
> Sebhka-Chtot, but as completely happy with Tapeutape for Sebkha-Chott!

I mainly asked because of your upcoming audiogit project - I presume if
people wanted to remix your tracks 'from source' they would need to use the
exact same apps you used, unless they just want to edit and mix the wavs.
There's not many Linux audio users anyway but as for those that use LADISH
AND tapeutape - well as I said you'll be one of the very few.

I certainly wouldn't recommend any Linux newbs try installing LADISH unless
its already installed or nicely packaged for their distro else otherwise
theres a real good chance of fkn up your package manager or other seriously
nasty breakages unless you're very careful. Also, Rui's sampler is more
powerful that tapeutape (integrated automatable FX etc) and it can be run
as both LV2 plugin and as a standalone JACK app so thats more ticks in the
samplv1 'cool stuff' column vs tapeutape but if it works well for you..

> > Do you guys know William Mox Drossard? I can't say I've ever seen him
> post
> > to this list but he's another Linux using machine I fully believe SC will
> > approve of.
>
> I do not know him. Any link?

'Linux using machine'? Strange typo I made there! I meant 'Linux using
musician', of course!

I learned of Will through the Linuxmusicians forums and you should check
him out here:

http://www.soundcloud.com/sadeden

or

http://www.green-tomato.fr