Re: [LAU] Chord finder

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Jul 08 2012 - 07:11:54 EEST

> On 3 July 2012 19:05, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-
> > For "musicians" with an academical background it's very important,
> for
> > people who are simply musicians this kind of theory is completely
> > unimportant.
>
> thanks for speaking on behalf of all of us ralf. or perhaps on the
> other hand, we're grown up enough to decide for ourselves?
>
> --
> robin
>
> http://fu.ac.nz - Auckland's Free University

I'm not anti academies.
All I wanted to say is: "Don't care too much about how chords are named
and why they are named, the way they are named. Just take care that the
emotion that should be transported by your music, is transported by your
music."

IIRC another reply was regarding to "it's better to know how to name
chords, than to say 'put one finger to that fret and another finger to
this fret'" Full ACK, but in the beginning nobody is able to know that
and after a while everybody is able to know what to do, we neither need
to name a chord, nor to say where to put the fingers. Just for the
record, to know a chord's name doesn't protect to say "put one finger
here and another finger there", there are 3 inversions, for three notes
and for string instruments such as a guitar, we have additional
extensions, such as two strings should or shouldn't play the same note.
One and the same named chord could cause different emotions.

Is it an advantage to be able to see on which key, which fret a finger
should be? For beginners it usually is, but after a while nobody does
visually control where the fingers should be. IMO for musical theory
it's similar. Btw. IMO music is similar to sex and far away from
astrophysics. Academical rules for astrophysics are good, but I suspect
nobody is using books to get knowledge how to have sex.

Does anybody seriously studies tantra?

;)

Just 2 Cents, since the topic already is solved.