Re: [LAU] Cannot set -C and -P devices using qjackctl

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 10 2012 - 23:17:47 EEST

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 4:05 PM, James Harkins <jamshark70@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> At Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:02:37 -0400,
> Paul Davis wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:58 PM, James Harkins <jamshark70@email-addr-hidden>
> wrote:
> >
> > OK... I am having a really strange problem with qjackctl. Ubuntu
> 12.04, Jack 1.9.8, qjackctl
> > 0.3.8.
> >
> > I've chosen my USB audio interface for capture and playback --
> .jackdrc looks like this:
> >
> > /usr/bin/jackd -P70 -dalsa -r44100 -p1024 -n2 -D -Chw:1 -Phw:1,0
> >
> > this is pointless. there is no difference between this and -d hw:1
>
> Well, that's how qjackctl sets it up. Perhaps that's a bug or enhancement
> request for qjackctl: to optimize the command line if -C and -P are the
> same.
>
> But I don't believe this is relevant to the problem at hand, which is
> preventing me from using my USB box.

no, but you shouldn't be using the input + output device selectors at all,
ideally. these were a bad idea that are useful in only a very few limited
circumstances.

you should be selecting the device for JACK to use from the "interface"
selector at the upper right of the setup dialog's options panel.