Re: [LAU] Cannot set -C and -P devices using qjackctl

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Jul 11 2012 - 00:57:52 EEST

> > next time you feel like Just Making Music, i empathetically but
> > strongly suggest that (a) you do
> > not upgrade your system

> I upgraded my system on the recommendation of this mailing list,
> because of a kernel bug that prevents four channel output on my device
> in 10.04. I need four channels for a concert in a few months. So it's
> either upgrade or cancel the concert.

Don't upgrade during a production and before doing an upgrade, backup
your stable Linux.

> > (b) you use a distribution that takes the needs of pro-audio and
> > music creation users seriously.
>
> Fair enough. Ubuntu Studio next time?

You still can add the Ubuntu Studio meta packages for your current
Ubuntu. For most Ubuntu Studio Precise users it seems to be ok. Perhaps
you should remove the pulseaudio bridge and pulseaudio after installing
the Ubuntu Studio meta packages.

Perhaps Unity or GNOME3 or what ever is default for Ubuntu isn't a good
choice for audio productions, however, Ubuntu Studio is Ubuntu, I
suspect you already use Ubuntu Studio software, if you directly install
Ubuntu Studio, the DE is Xfce.

Take care that rtirq fits to the kernel and that threadirqs is really
set up, I guess it isn't fixed and you need to fix it manually.

- Ralf