Re: [LAU] strange behaviour with novation launchpad

From: Kaspar Bumke <kaspar.bumke@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 13 2012 - 19:41:31 EEST

> Which two keys are you referring to? For me neither of the 8x8 grid
> buttons work after stopping/starting my application.

Yeah, the same for me. I was referring to these keys in the context of
Fons' solution which could be implemented in a driver.

The problem is basically that the LP doesn't send full midi messages but
only the type (CC or NoteOn/Off) for the first message and then just
messages without the type specified for any subsequent message. If you
switch application in between then the program won't know what type of
message you are talking about anymore. You can test this out by pressing on
of the buttons that sends a CC (top row) and then immediately restarting
your application. Now the top row won't work until you hit one of the grid
buttons.

As for a more immediate solution. Have you tried sending the LP two remap
messages (i.e. CC 0 2, CC 0 1) before quitting?