Re: [LAU] [OT] talkin about the weather

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 14 2012 - 01:21:13 EEST

Hi Dave!
   Ha, I know that one from that year's LAC. :-) I love having the same piece,
recorded by the same artist with a great distance. Usually it gives one so
many opportunities to talk for a long time about the changes and what improved
and what got worse. With this recording you somehow disappoint me, in not
having too much, that has changed. The backing seems exactly the same, only
shorn of the count in rimshot. :-) And there I was willing to write a page
long step by step. :-)
   Well I do like the new vocals, starting from the way they are mixed and
ending in the singing itself. I couldn't see any ault with the old vocals
though, except the mixing and processing. They are just different to me. Love
them in both versions. They are really, what makes this song come alive. The
backing is too sterile for this song and in that sterility it grates on the
nerves. Ah well, this music is not about the backing though. :-)
   Nice job, thanks!
   Warmly yours
          Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;