[LAU] Compatibility between audio parameters

From: Harman Kalra <harman4linux@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 20 2012 - 12:56:08 EEST

I have few doubts regarding compatibility between various audio parameters:

   1. How can I determine sampling rate, audio bit depth, no of channels of
   a already recorded audio sample.
   2. Suppose I play this same recorded audio sample with my application
   whose hardware parameters are different from the sample which I received.
   So in this case what would be the impact on the sound quality.
   3. What would be the impact of using different (at capture application
   and playback application) sampling rate, audio bit depth, no of channels.
   4. If possible kindly provide me a link which is related to my queries.