Re: [LAU] get on board the blues - D&B variant

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 20 2012 - 22:58:33 EEST

On 07/20/2012 09:25 PM, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi robin!
> Hm, it sounds very raw that way.

Sure, I like it that way. Well, the mix could be a bit better, but I do
like the emptiness.

> I have no real suggestions for the
> bass, but with only bass and vocals, it could use some more high end.
> I'd prefer to hear it with the funky guitar playing. :-)

I'm not happy with the playing and mix, yet, but there you go:
http://robin.linuxaudio.org/rg1-get_on_board_the_blues.ogg

My original intent was add some B3 Soul - testing setBfree - but my
organ playing leaves much to be desired.

Not sure if you can listen to youtube, but the organ style of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cou_qZjc_yI (Solomon Burke: none of us
are free) is what I want[ed].

> One of these days, Dave can release a monster single of this song. :-)
> I think I've never heard one single song in so many varying mixes, all
> mainly based on teh same recordings to a greater or lesser extent.

Indeed. Well, the Beatles' "yesterday" has a lot of cover versions and
remixes out there. but Dave can soon beat it :)

> Thanks for sharing Robin!

Thanks for the feedback,
Cheers!
robin