Re: [LAU] FLOSS your music: Robert Jonsson

From: Robert Jonsson <spamatica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 24 2012 - 17:43:25 EEST

Hi Dan and Renato,

2012/7/24 Dan MacDonald <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>:

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 11:06 AM, renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:49:46 +0100
>> Dan MacDonald <allcoms@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>>
>> > tother is for
>> > creating and editing musical score.
>>
>> oh, I thought that was called musescore?
>>
>> renato
>>

> Yes there is actually another Linux muse- the Multiple Streaming Engine
>
> http://muse.dyne.org/
>
> but when I read that article I presumed they were talking about musescore -
> maybe not?
>
> Anyway, its a horrible naming mess that I'm going stay out of!

The problems are not so big these days. The project I was referring to
was the link you sent, MuSE at http://muse.dyne.org/
Unknown to each other MusE and MuSE chose very similar names. It is a
bit unfortunate.

As for MusE Score (musescore) it is actually related, both projects
were started by Werner Schweer, we have since drifted quite apart
though so there is no real connection these days. To distinguish it is
sometimes good to explicitly call our project MusE-Sequencer.

Regards,
Robert