Re: [LAU] csound + cecilia and jack on ubuntu

From: michael noble <looplog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 25 2012 - 08:44:28 EEST

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Robin Paulson <robin.paulson@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> huh, i'd been using cecilia 2.0.5, as in the ubuntu repositories. what
> is the relationship between that (which i now see hasn't changed since
> 2004) and cecilia4? is the latter a fork of the former? and, do you
> know of anywhere which has a repository with it in?
>
> cheers for letting me know about this

I can't say about a repo for Ubuntu, but it is in the AUR for Arch. It is
python based though, so assuming you can find the necessary libs, it may
not be that hard to run it (no compiling involved).

It seems to be more a continuation than a fork, as some of the original
Cecilia team are involved. That being said, development of Cecilia4 also
seems to have stalled, and Cecilia5 supposedly will no longer have a csound
backend.

-m