Re: [LAU] [Android|OT?] CamSynth - Just an experiment

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Jul 25 2012 - 17:41:06 EEST

On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 16:14 +0200, renato wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:01:30 +0200 (CEST)
> SxDx <sed@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > I'll personnaly
> > try to make my own linux-powered system to put on it and
> > get rid of the android bloat completely.
>
> kind of OT, but since it came up... is it possible to install a linux
> of choice on an android device? I guess the problem is they keep some
> drivers in the kernel (like for the sensors) closed source?

I suspect it's easier to do that, than to do the same for an iOS based
device, however, some people are able to do it. Btw. there are tons of
videos about this topic on YouTube. Until now I missed to watch those
videos, but I read about this topic a little bit.

I'll listen to "Steve Wozniak talking about iTunes on Linux" ASAP, since
I own an iPad, running iTunes on Vbox, but I even can't get iBooks
working anymore.

I always thought that for Android based devices there aren't serious
issues, excepted of pro-audio.

It's a shame :(.