Re: [LAU] [LAD] The guitarix project release version 0.23.3

From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 27 2012 - 19:35:40 EEST

On 07/27/2012 06:27 PM, hermann meyer wrote:
> We are proud to announce the release of guitarix2-0.23.3.
>
> Guitarix is a modular tube amplifier simulation for jack, with
> additional Effect-Racks, inbuilt effects as well as support for LADSPA
> plug-ins.
>
> This is a Bug-fix release witch fix the ladspa_guitarix.so
> module guitarix-fx [UniqueID 4070] to avoid segfault when loading into a
> host.
>
> Please refer to our project page for more information:
>
> http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/
>
> download site:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/guitarix/
>
> have fun
>
> guitarix development team

Maybe it's an idea to make a visual distinction between internal and
external (LADSPA) plugin. Now it's hard to see which effects are part of
the Guitarix software and which are LADSPA plugins (after you enabled a
list of LADSPA plugins).
In the 'effects' menu on the left side, there is an 'external' entry,
but not all LADSPA plugins are displayed there.

Another feature suggestion, which you are aware of already, would be
adding NSM support, with the OSC functionality of NSM it should be easy
to switch between (effect processing) sessions in a live situation.

Regards,
\r