Re: [LAU] [LAD] The guitarix project release version 0.23.3

From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 29 2012 - 14:18:23 EEST

On 07/29/2012 12:57 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
> On 07/29/2012 05:47 AM, hermann meyer wrote:
>> Am 29.07.2012 00:29, schrieb rosea.grammostola:
>>> Is it possible to start guitarix with a specific preset via command
>>> line? Then I could use it in NSM via the nsm-proxy client. Not so nice
>>> as full NSM support, but alas ...
>>>
>>> \r
>> It is, it's a little tricky, . . . :-)
>> The preset to load is given by the guitarix state file, . . .
>> So, you can start guitarix with the -n parameter to give a name for the
>> (jack)instance,
>> example guitarix -n gx2.
>> guitarix will create a own state file for guitarix:gx2, select the
>> preset you will use, and quit guitarix.
>> Now, when you would like to start guitarix with this preset, just start
>> guitarix -n gx2. Create as many
>> state files you need the same way, maybe guitarix -n lead, . . . rhythm,
>> . . .
>> If you use the name of the preset you like to load, you will have a cool
>> overview of this stuff.
>> The name given by the -n parameter is the name witch is used for connect
>> to jack, so for connections you must take care to use the correct name.
>>
>> A other way is the -f parameter, . . .
>> Select the preset you would use to start guitarix, quit guitarix, go to
>> $HOME/.config/guitarix/
>> and copy and rename the file guitarix2_rc to what ever you like
>> (preset_name? _rc). Repeat that for any preset you need to start
>> guitarix with. To load the state file, start guitarix with
>> guitarix -f /were/ever/your/state_file/is_rc
>

> Thx.
> Does guitarix autoconnect to JACK? Afaik this is not proper practice
> concerning JACK. Autoconnect might be an option but not the default and
> it should at least be able to turn it off.
>
> When using guitarix only or with a preset via nsm-proxy, guitarix amp is
> always connected to the outputs of my soundcard, where it should only
> connect to guitarix fx right?
>
> When I disconnect those outputs and save the session (and the changes in
> guitarix (this option is always available even when there are no changes
> made, which is kind of not logic to me)), when restarting the session,
> every time those connections from guitarix amp to output soundcard is
> back :/
>
> \r

Ok, so it seems that if you save the preset state with the wrong
connections, it stays wrong forever. Changing ports in guitarix, and
then hit 'save changes' doesn't do anything anymore after restarting
guitarix with the preset. It works here when I unselect all the port in
guitarix and then save the preset. Then I can handle the connections
correctly in NSM (or guitarix itself if I run it outside the session).

Anyway, this feels pretty cumbersome and technically not 100% correct.

Regards,

\r