[LAU] Tesla DSP support for Noisemaker?

From: Dan MacDonald <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2012 - 15:45:53 EEST

Hi Patrick and LAU/Pandaboard readers!

I told you all recently that I've got Noisemaker running on my Pandaboard
and you may also remember that my dual-core, 1Ghz ARM Cortex-A9 w/ 1GB RAM
can only manage running 1 instance of Noisemaker smoothly (under
fluxbox/qtractor) without breaks in the audio as it stands (without
overclocking which I'm trying to avoid for the mo).

I've been wondering what your comments (Patrick, falkTX and Fons mainly but
this is open to all) would be on the possibility of adding Tesla DSP
support to key parts of Noisemaker (LV2)? My Pandaboard has a 466Mhz
onboard DSP that I'm sure could be put to good use by a plugin like
Noisemaker. Does LV2 have any support for using DSPs like this Drobilla?

Here's what little I've found on the web about Tesla, which I realise is
only really useful if you own a Pandaboard and a JTAG but anyway:

http://omappedia.org/wiki/RPMsg_Tesla

Thanks for your comments and feedback on this!

Dan