Re: [LAU] How can we convert money to fixing bugs in software?

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 03 2012 - 18:27:51 EEST

On Fri, August 3, 2012 12:11 pm, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 4:29 AM, Louigi Verona
> <louigi.verona@email-addr-hiddenwrote:
>
>> Seems like a startup. The site instantly threw a This Connection is
>> Untrusted warning. Does not seem trustworthy at the moment.
>

> that message exists for ardour.org in a lot of browsers. in our case its
> caused by the fact the certificate authority that use for ardour.org is
> (a)
> not known to people with some older browser installs (b) in some cases,
> the
> browser maker has decided to blacklist the certificate authority because
> of
> some action they took (and ardour.org pays the price).

Given that anyone with $200,000 can purchase a root certificate and become
a CA it's hardly a trustworthy system in the first place. I'm more likely
to trust them if their certificate is correctly identified and generated
locally.

There is NO PROOF that the factoring of the products of large primes is a
fundamentally 'hard' mathematical problem. It's likely a fast algorithm
exists and is already in the hands of several governments.

We are all exposed on the internet ;-)

> just saying ...

Ditto

--