Re: [LAU] OnDemand-performance was(OT: klang)

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 06 2012 - 09:52:31 EEST

On 08/05/12 22:20, Robin Gareus wrote:
> Disable PCI and/or PCIe power-management in the BIOS and also disable
> EIST and C1E halt-states; and, the 'ondemand' governor will works just fine.

Hello Robin,

I have multiple machines that don't have these kind of options in the
BIOS. And these machines are quite modern (2 - 3 years old). If I don't
use the performance governor (or any non-scaling governer) it's asking
for trouble, no matter how many cores or which Jack version.

On a general note, if the LinuxMusicians Wiki page contains
inconsistencies or errors, please let me know. I'd like to add as little
incorrect information to the interwebs as possible.

Best,

Jeremy