Re: [LAU] Debian desktop news

From: Dan MacDonald <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 09 2012 - 12:51:08 EEST

I certainly prefer XFCE to GNOME 3 but XFCE still has a few rough
edges and bugs and Thunar is no longer the lightweight app it once
claimed to be. I use rox filer on my Pandaboard as it has a comparable
feature to Thunar but loads almost instantly compared to the 20s or so
I can be waiting for Thunar to get its act together (this is running
off a SSD via USB2). I can load dolphin in the same time it takes to
load Thunar under fluxbox.