Re: [LAU] An article about Nama & My new website

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 10 2012 - 00:31:11 EEST

Hi Massy!
   This is an extensive article! Thank you for that. I would probably dispute
one or two points, but it would get philosophical. :-) Great work! Not only
the purely technical part is interesting.
   In a way Nama is a DAW with a lot of usability engineering at its back. Even
though the graphicaluser inte4rface isn't much used, because it's mainly us
blind folks and other friend of textual interaction, there is the graphical
UI. I don't know, what exactly it does offer. But you always have the choice
tointeract view commands or menus and direct manipulation. Also the help
system offers almost all the things one would expect. For a start a fantastic
search, which a lot of commercial programs lack in this quality.
   One thing I would like to add to the advantages of Nama's command language:
It allows experts to easily manage meta information, macros, scripts and other
shortcuts. Things, which aren't natural in graphical applications. Not as
natural as they come to us. :-)
   Well, splendid work and I'm waiting for the next bits in the series! Thank
you!
   Warmly yours
          Julien

050e010d0f12010401-0405-0d09-030f12011a0f0d-
Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

******** Find some music at ********
http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html