Re: [LAU] Study Finds New Pop Music Does All Sound the Same.

From: immanuel litzroth <ilitzroth@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 13 2012 - 12:44:06 EEST

> Seems to me the problem with Germany and the rest of the world is that
> education is a "system". By the definition of "system" it has be
> standardized, controlled, measured, etc. And that's probably the whole
> problem :)
I would say the system is working quite well in Western Europe. The
rate of literacy is higher than
it ever was before. Most 12 year olds do math on what would be
considered university level 500
years earlier.

> I think it was Robert Heinlein who said in a number of his books that
> education was 2 people (one a teacher, the other a student) sitting on
> a log exchanging information. (Complete paraphrase, I don't have time
> to look it up properly.)

And Heinlein's idea is just crazy...it's hard enough to find teachers
as it is and to find the money to
pay for them -- or will just any idiot with a log do?