[LAU] [OT] Education system (was ... Re: Study Finds New Pop Music Does All Sound the Same.)

From: Chris Bannister <cbannister@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 13 2012 - 17:12:12 EEST

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 08:31:39PM +0000, Kaza Kore wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldorf_School
> I will most definitely seriously consider sending my children to one when
> I have them and I would suggest anybody who is disenfranchised with the State
> education systems provided by their country of residence have a look into them
> and similar schools where they live.

I was annoyed when I watched/listened to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7BF7TBKRTc

Note particularly, near the end, where it mentions that basically the
IMF sends in auditors to check that the education curriculum is
following their recommendations[1].

Does the State/Government in Germany set the Education standards that *all*
schools have to follow?

[1] recommendations might not be a strong enough word. :(

oppressing." --- Malcolm X