Re: [LAU] OT: Start of a series of Slate articles on prog rock

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 17 2012 - 21:11:17 EEST

On 08/17/2012 01:50 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:> On Fri, Aug 17,
2012 at 9:43 PM, david <gnome@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> Most boring progrock in my opinion is solo Rick Wakeman. Without the
rest of
>> Yes, he's tedious!
> You think Wakeman-senior is boring? Try any of Howe's solo albums.

Yeah, they all need each other, pretty much, though they all had their
moments (Squire and Anderson at least had solo albums that were
interesting, and Howe and Wakeman themselves had some moments on their
earlier ones, in my opinion.)

They also need a producer, as evidenced by, say, Tormato. But the late
70s weren't kind to any of the prog rock guys, really. Nor the mid-80s,
for that matter.

I'd love to post some on-topic, Linux-produced prog rock, but nothing
I've recorded since moving to Linux has really been prog rock.

Rob