Re: [LAU] Start of a series of Slate articles on prog rock

From: Ricardus Vincente <wizardofgosz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 17 2012 - 23:25:12 EEST

On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 21:50 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 9:43 PM, david <gnome@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > Most boring progrock in my opinion is solo Rick Wakeman. Without the rest of
> > Yes, he's tedious!
>
> You think Wakeman-senior is boring? Try any of Howe's solo albums.

 I think most Yes albums are tedious. I am in the small minority of
people who when he goes to listen to a Yes album, reaches for Drama,
first.

 None of Jon Anderson's annoying voice. Steve Howe grew up and started
playing solid body guitars through real amps, and the album is filled
with SONGS!!! Not mind bendingly boring album sides filled with their
musical interpretations of Zen. Geoffe Downes' keyboard parts are tasty
and to the point.

 Rich.