Re: [LAU] creating open source sample libs. (Was: Re: Experiment One - For Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra. Music and a short review of the sample library)

From: Federico Simonetta <ffgsimonetta@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 18 2012 - 15:35:39 EEST

I am sorry for creating confusion with the objects of the mails ... I continue
here the yesterday debate about the sfz from London Philharmonia samples.

>Btw.
>These samples are already in the Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra.
>
>see here, under "sources" http://sso.mattiaswestlund.net/

I don't understand why Sonatina uses one samples every three note, while
London Philharmonia provides one sample per note.

>If there is a script with the best algorithms you might be able to use
>and adjust it to different sample libraries. Not a solution for a
>opensource sample library primarily, but a solution to use good quality
>sample libraries on Linux.

Something like that implies a hard code for file names or a strict directories
organization to obtain every information needed (for ex: instrument name, note,
velocity etc).
Every project has different needs.. otherwise, we can think to a tool to make
easier creating sfz files, but user will have to insert sample by sample, so it
won't be automated.