Re: [LAU] how to install the real time preempt kernel in ubuntu12.04 and make it the defult?

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 21 2012 - 10:28:35 EEST

On 08/20/12 23:55, trahern culver wrote:
> how do I install the preempt kernel in ubuntu12.04 and make it the default kernel?
>
> Your help with this question would be most welcome.
>
> Kind regards trahern.

If you're in for some adventure:
http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php?id=system_configuration#build_your_own_real-time_kernel

I've tested some of the packaged alternatives that are available (Ubuntu
Studio low-latency, Abogani real-time) but with my set-up (I use a
FireWire device) I get the best performance with kernels I built myself.

Best,

Jeremy