Re: [LAU] Ubuntustudio 12.04 audio?

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 21 2012 - 16:25:23 EEST

On Tue, August 21, 2012 3:52 am, Mac wrote:

> That appeared to work for the pulse sinks/sources. But, when I start
> the zita-lrx client the sinks and sources get auto connected in the
> connection window of qjackctrl.
>
> Who's doing the auto connect...

That would be zita-lrx I would imagine. Jack doesn't make its own
connections, it has to be told to. In the same way that qjackctl has a
connections bay and can make connections even though it is not jack, any
application that knows how can make a connection too. Some of them can be
started with an option not to auto connect. Some of them will not auto
connect if they can tell a session manager is running. There seems to be
no standard for this.

The funny thing is I don't know of any programs that auto connects the
midi side of things.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net