Re: [LAU] Sound Board for Linux?

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 22 2012 - 18:53:20 EEST

On Wednesday 22 August 2012 10:33:54 Michael Afflerbach wrote:
> Dr Soundwall indeed looks exactly what I am looking for. Sadly I see no
> downloads, wiki, on information beyond a description of the kind of
> program I need.!!

Mike,

I wrote it and this is what you need:

http://drsoundwall.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/drsoundwall/drsoundwall.tcl

I am the dR in dRSoundWall.

it is a tcl/tk program and uses the snack toolkit:

http://www.speech.kth.se/snack/

If you need help getting it working to try it out, I will do my best to help.
I haven't looked at the program in ages though.

> These are also used in theatre productions for sound effects, etc.
>
> Just wish there was a ready-to-go way to do it in Linux (so I can
> specialize an old laptop or netbook to just do that in a rock solid
> environment).
>
> Thanks for all the interest in my problem from the group already. Any
> other suggestions will be considered. Although maybe learning how to
> code something. (although definitely NOT my forte!)
>
> Thanks again for a very well-behaved and attentive list-serv
>
> --Mike

all the best,

drew