[LAU] orca specific qjackctl problem! please help!

From: trahern culver <sound.warrior20@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 26 2012 - 19:26:38 EEST

hey all i have a jack audio qjackctl orca specific problem before i tell you what it is heres the spec of my computer:

14 inch laptop Intel Pentium i7 2.90 ghz quod core processer

8gb ram

1tb hard drive

the problem is this when i launch qjackctl orca slows down to such a degree that even the most Basic of navigational functions becomes impossible my research has revealed that when just orca and normal programs are running orca takes up 1% c p u usage but when qjackctl are running together orca takes up 60% c p u usage this is before i try to set jack to use the sound card i want to use for music production. any idea what the problem is? Your help with this problem would be most welcome kind regards trahern.