Re: [LAU] jackmenu [was Re: g t k client to control the jack audio server?]

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Aug 29 2012 - 11:35:42 EEST

On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 10:14 +0200, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> On Wed, August 29, 2012 12:08 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 00:02 +0200, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> >> On Tue, August 28, 2012 10:10 pm, Paul Davis wrote:
> >> An addition ardour also has a connections manager which Paul must have
> >> forgot about briefly :-)
> >
> > No I don't think that Paul has forgotten anything, I suspect the OP will
> > handle jackd completely. Rui's QjackCtl does more than just handle
> > connections by the GUI.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ralf
> >

> Well just in case all he wants is a gtk connections manager for jack I
> decided to take my own advice and this is the result.
>
> Announcing "jackmenu". A *very simple* gtk2 desktop widget for connecting
> jack ports.
>
> http://djcj.org/jackeq/?id=6
>

> Feedback welcome!

JackEQ is a useful and stable tool for my work-flow. Thank you for
jackEQ.
I don't need "jackmenu", but indeed it could be helpful for my workflow
too, e.g. Rui's Qtractor is able to handle connections directly
connected to Qtractor. So if I connect Qtractor with jackEQ, I don't
need "jackmenu", but for connections between e.g. jackconvolver, JAMin
etc. and jackEQ Qtractor doesn't take care, so indeed, having "jackmenu"
for jackEQ is welcome :).

OT:
However, jack_snapshot and aj-snapshot were the tools I used, regarding
to the issue I mentioned and I start jackd by a scrip, not by QjackCtl.

QjackCtl is very clear, while patchage easily becomes a mess.

YMMV.

Regards,
Ralf