Re: [LAU] [LAD] Kontakt sampler format (and others like EXS24)

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 01 2012 - 08:14:43 EEST

On Sat, September 1, 2012 2:29 pm, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-09-01 at 06:21 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Sat, 2012-09-01 at 14:02 +1000, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>> > Go to an AV trade show, look at the software and hardware solutions
>> > that are being presented and tell me if there is anything that you
>> > cannot find a solution for in the Linux toolset.
>
> East West Symphonic Choirs or even something less big like Edirol
> Orchestral. Arp step sequencer emulations, Alchemy ... and take an
> educated guess, do you think Guitarix and Rakkarak do provide what the
> consumers can get for Windows?
>
> Should I send you a list ;)?

Yes, please do. That way we can see where the gaps are...

A few choral voice sets, sequencers and guitar fx options doesn't do much
for me personally but others might feel more passionate about that.

> Video timeline is available for Ardour, but ... for Windows you already
> get hard disk recorder + sequencers + video time line in one package,
> you don't need to build something yourself. Some people simply download
> cracked versions.

It's a common misconception. We already have Blender, Cinelerra, Ardour
and JACK?

There is also smoke:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=18706115&linkID=10809903

and of course massive....

http://www.massivesoftware.com/

You can get an idea of what Linux is capable of in AV production from here:

http://www.wetafx.co.nz/features

- And if you wanna get into 3d graphics Unity3d also runs on Llinux

http://unity3d.com/unity/4/faq#sec1-h

With several native game engines that are well advanced these days too
like for example cube engine.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd