Re: [LAU] [LAD] Kontakt sampler format (and others like EXS24)

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 01 2012 - 09:01:33 EEST

On Sat, September 1, 2012 3:50 pm, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-09-01 at 15:29 +1000, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>> Clearly a bug or a setup configuration issue. Have you asked anyone for
>> assistance? Please open a new thread if you want to pursue this as it
>> doesn't need to hijack this conversation.
>
> No there is no bug or bad configuration, the RME HDSPe AIO isn't
> completely supported by Linux. It's a PCIe card.

When they released that card they said it would never have any linux
support so clearly they have made some progress.

> RME doesn't support Linux! They tolerate Linux and they aren't
> completely Linux unfriendly, but they don't really care about Linux.
>
> Even they don't care. Try to convince RME first and then Motu and
> then ...

They will care when they see how large the real market is. Getting the
statistics on that first requires a concerted effort but it is in
everyones interests because it reinforces the credibility of the platform
and provides sales incentive to companies that are sitting on the fence.

What they want to know is how many people can I sell to and how much is it
going to cost me to provide them a product/service. Once they have those
tow statistics they can make an informed decision about the revenue
potential.

We can provide them the first part of the equation. They can figure out
the rest.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd