Re: [LAU] [LAD] Kontakt sampler format (and others like EXS24)

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 01 2012 - 09:14:25 EEST

On Sat, September 1, 2012 3:23 pm, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

>> Audacity is a "stepping stone" or bridge product that gives consumers
>> and
>> amateurs the freedom to transition to Linux without the fear of not
>> being
>> able to use their work on other platforms.
>
> Good point! But why should those users switch? You don't need to win
> over me, you need to win over people that are satisfied and conditioned
> like Pavlov's Dog.
>
> I like your effort Don Quixote. This isn't meant ironically/as insult,
> your effort is good. Hopefully you don't expect too much positive
> results.

You seem to think that I am doing this on my own for some reason.

>> If Behringer also shipped a bootable disk that would blow everything out
>> of the water
>> and reset the game.
>
> A bootable disk with what Linux? Hard words: This would cause too much
> additional useless special waste.

They are shipping the marketing gimmicks anyway. A bunch of Linux DVD's is
not going to make a squat of difference to the global pile of mess that we
have already and are continuing to make.

Do you have any idea how many DVD's Sony prints every single day?

What about all the copies being distributed in the streets across Asia?

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd