Re: [LAU] [LAD] Kontakt sampler format (and others like EXS24)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Sep 03 2012 - 21:42:32 EEST

On Mon, 2012-09-03 at 10:18 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
> On Mon, September 3, 2012 9:22 am, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
>
> > This isn't comparing Guitarix or Rakkarak to specific pieces of software,
> > this is comparing the choices of software for a usage and variety of tools
> > on Linux to those on Windows or Mac. Guitarix or Rakarrak are just
> > examples of what exists on Linux, and while I don't use them, just because
> > they can't do everything that hundreds of pieces of software on Mac or
> > Windows do, doesn't mean they are incomplete. This is ESPECIALLY true
> > given your own view of the product goals which you stated...
> >
> > I like to let you know that we never have the goal to make a competition
> >> windows or other OS's. We just like to provide a OpenSource Tube
> >> Amplifier
> >> emulation.
> >>

> > Your software only provides one specific piece to the selection of guitar
> > FX software.
>
> This is a perfect example of why Linux is different, at least for audio,
> than other OSs.

Not really, AFAIK it's possible to run several independent apps on
Windows too. FWIW one of the guitar apps many people use on Windows is
IIRC this one: http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/GuitarRigWin/
I don't need much virtual effects and virtual synth, but for users that
need a lot of virtual gear, there's more available for Windows and Mac.

Regards,
Ralf